Monday, June 13, 2011

Four Paws From Heaven

(Posted by Rubia)

I have been reading a book called, “Four Paws from Heaven.” It is a book where people share stories about their own pets, that reminded them of God’s love.

I have some stories of my own that I thought would be really fun to write. I love God, and I also love pets! So I thought, “How could stories about God, and stories about pets, combine?”

There are many stories I thought of, but I will just share two of them for now.

Story One: Zinnia Can’t Sleep




Last night, around midnight, I was in bed, sound asleep. But our cat, Zinnia, was on the rocker crying, and crying, and crying. After waking up, I knew that she was crying for attention.

So I got up, went to the rocker, scooped her into my arms, and started comforting her. Then I put her back down on the chair, and went back to bed. But it only took a few minutes for her to start crying again.

I got up about three times that night, just to comfort her, but I did it willingly. It reminded me that when we cry for God’s peace and comfort, He willingly gives it to us. I was pretty tired, especially at that hour, but I still got up every time to cuddle with our sweet kitty, Zinnia (named after a flower). J


Story Two: Naughty, Naughty Mikey



My dog, Mikey, is still very young. Only one year old, and still learning a lot. He breaks through his electric fence occasionally, chews on things like crazy, and could never, ever run out of the energy he has.

Every time I practice commands with him, I am reminded of different things:

One, I am reminded of how much God is patient with us. It sure takes a long time for us to learn from God, and in fact, we never stop learning. And neither will Mikey!

Second, Mikey reminds me that sometimes it is hard to understand what God is trying to tell us. I am reminded of this, because I speak like a human, and Mikey speaks dog. That is, he “bark talks.” But eventually, Mikey will understand and do what I tell him to do.

I will have more stories later!!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

very good analogies! keep up the observations!

Amy said...

Another great thing about God is that he never sleeps. When we're crying in the night, we don't have to wake Him up because He's ready and waiting to comfort us.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Betsy! I'll keep looking for more analogies.

~Rubia

7 Eagles said...

You are absolutely right, Amy! Thank you for your comment!

~Rubia