Saturday, June 18, 2011

Recipe--Tossed Spinach Salad

We first tried this recipe after reading about it on a friend’s blog. It was a huge hit with everyone in our house! We loved all of the different things added to the salad. Recently, we made it again and I was reminded how much I like it. I really look forward to making it when we have our own spinach! Below is our version of the recipe. If you want to see the original version, please visit Sarah’s blog!

Tossed Spinach Salad


10 oz fresh spinach, torn (we usually double this amount)
1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 celery ribs, sliced
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
4 green onions, sliced

FRENCH DRESSING:
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

In a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake until the sugar is dissolved. Toss half of the dressing with the salad and serve the rest on the side. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad that you all enjoyed this recipe! Ever since planting our spinach earlier this spring, we've been looking forward to enjoying this salad again. And seeing this post makes me anticipate it even more. :)

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe originally, Sarah! I'm hoping that my spinach will come up so that we can enjoy this salad with our own greens, as I'm sure you will be soon!

~Bianca