Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Vacation: Ohio

The next half of our vacation week was spent at my grandparents’ house in Ohio! We enjoyed lots of fellowship with family and lots of delicious Puerto Rican food!

Handsome Cousin #1. . .
. . .and Handsome Cousin #2!
Our first night, we enjoyed a delicious dinner of linguini with clam sauce, meatballs, bread and butter, cold pasta salad, cantaloupe (not pictured), and tossed salad with dressing.
Wow! What a big bite! The kids (and a few adults) enjoyed doughnuts for dessert. As you can tell, my little cousin sure enjoyed it! J
After dinner, we went to the neighborhood park to let the kids burn off those doughnuts.
My Uncle and Dad enjoyed some good conversation while at the park.
While we were there, we observed a beautiful sunset through the clouds. Sunsets like these put me in awe of the Creator of sunsets. He knew how much joy we would find in them!
You will see this little guy often in my post. How could you resist photographing such a cute face? J Look at those dimples!
My grandparents came to the park after cleaning up the supper dishes. Abuelo even brought his “baby” in the stroller. J
Abuela takes her turn with the “ball baby.”
The kids were thrilled when Abuelo decided to play tag with them on the playground. I think he won.
The sunset on the way home. Aren’t those sun rays breathtaking?
No one ever goes hungry at my Grandmother’s house! For breakfast Thursday morning, she fixed hash browns, omelets with ham and cheese, strawberries, and toast. Quite a feast!
While Daddy was visiting a friend, the kids and Mom watched the movie “Cars.” Although the movie came out 5 years ago, Mom had never seen it and since we were going to watch “Cars 2” in the theatre the next day, we thought it was time she watched it.
Abuela’s definition of a “snack lunch:” Fritos, saltine crackers, Vienna sausages, grapes, carrots, and chocolate milk. That’s a pretty large snack!
We ate light so that we could enjoy a swim at the neighborhood pool. Look closely at my Abuelo’s shirt: it has a crazy looking cat on it and the words “I’m Perfectly Calm!” I couldn’t look at him without laughing!
After our swim we returned and showered because we were having guests over for dinner. It was a lovely day out, so we dined on my Grandparents’ deck.
All of the delicious food set up on the grill.
Such a beautiful setting for a picnic!
My cousin with my Great Aunt before the picnic.
All of the cousins before dinner.
Photo taken by my Aunt.
The amazing feast: pastelillos, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, watermelon, guacamole, and beef with onions and peppers.
Since my Dad and I are celebrating birthdays this month, we had an ice cream cake to celebrate.
It was quite good, but I have to say that my Mom’s homemade ice cream cake is just a bit better! There’s nothing like Mom’s cooking!
Cute cousin again!
Enjoying post-meal coffee with my Mom’s cousin and the rest of the family.
Friday afternoon, we went to see “Cars 2” with our cousin. It was a very cute movie with lots of puns and plays on other movies, especially “James Bond.”
Afterward, our generous grandparents took us all out for ice cream! On a day with temperatures soaring into the 80’s, it was a welcome treat!
Josiah enjoying a few more minutes with our grandparents before we left on Saturday morning.
For lunch we stopped at a little Mexican restaurant.
All of us (minus Mom taking the photo) in front of the restaurant.
Josiah and I waiting for our lunch to arrive.
Mmm, delicioso! Several of us enjoyed chicken fajitas with spicy rice.
And for dessert, we had fried ice cream! A sweet ending to a marvelous vacation. We look forward to next summer!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like fun.

7 Eagles said...

It was indeed a very fun vacation, Amy! One we look forward to every year.

~Bianca