Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Weekend Birthday Celebration

A couple of weekends ago, my Abuela and Abuelo came up to visit. My Grandpa recently had a birthday, so we decided to have a celebration together!


I set the table quite fancy for his birthday dinner. I love finding reasons to pull out the fine china!
The centerpiece.
My Grandma served up delicious sancocho with rice for our meal. We also had avocado slices, maduros, and crusty French and Italian bread. Muy Delicioso!
The twins and Josiah enjoying dinner.
My Abuelo getting ready to blow out all of his candles.
For dessert we had Pineapple-Orange Cream Cake and chocolate strawberries and grapes left over from our sibling tea party the day before.
It was thoroughly enjoyed by all!
Then my Abuelo opened his present from our family after reading his card.
He was very surprised to find the game “Aggravation!” He had played this game with friends earlier in the year and kept talking about how much fun he had, so we thought it would make a good present. He was very excited to teach it to all of us!
On Sunday after church, we all went out for lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. Here, Bia and Josiah wait for our lunch to arrive.
Mother and Son together.
When we got home, we played “Aggravation.” Only four people played the game at first, but everyone else got involved with debating the rules. The game is similar to “Trouble.” I think “Aggravation” is the original game and “Trouble” is the simplified kid’s version.
I like “Aggravation” better because it’s more aggravating. J

We had lots of fun visiting with my Grandparents, and were sorry they had to leave on Monday. But we look forward to seeing them again soon!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I never heard of the game "Aggravation". I will have to check that one out. I love playing board & card games with family & friends. Maybe one of your posts in the future you can write about each family member's favourite game(s) to play or did you already did that?

7 Eagles said...

I too enjoy playing games with friends, Leah! It is so much fun! And thank you so much for the post idea! Look for our answers later in the week.

~Bianca

Amy said...

Mmmm. I'm hungry.

7 Eagles said...

We're usually hungry before my Abuela gets here, Amy. But once she's here, nobody goes hungry! :-)

~Bianca