Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Father-Daughter Date

(Posted by Roma)

In another blogpost, I had talked about having a fun date with just Mommy and me. Well this time I get to share about my date with Dad! J

I was getting ready for bed, when my Dad told me he could take me somewhere tomorrow, and just hearing that made me get all excited! J I had been telling him how much I would love to fly in his airplane again, (he’s a private pilot,) so he said he would take me up. The next day we ate breakfast, and got ready to go.

It was a bit of a long drive getting there, but we finally made it. Going up in the air was amazing! We both agree that the view is our favorite part! I also love when we start picking up speed on the runway and then take off, and look behind us to see the ground get smaller.

Then it was time for lunch. We had planned to land the airplane, and then walk about a mile to a restaurant. But when we landed, we noticed that there were so many other airplanes there! My Dad said it was unusually crowded. When we got out of the airplane, a man told us they were having an “airplane party” type thing, that my Dad and I were not aware of. He also told us that the restaurant we were going to go to was closed. But the airplane manager welcomed us in, and told us we were welcome to eat lunch there. So we were able to get a free lunch! J

Later, we stopped at an airport for a break, and I told my Dad they had a vending machine here with candy, so I thought we could get a snack. But when we arrived, a man told us not many people came to that airport, so he took the vending machine away. But then he told us he had all the candy in his car—along with his dog, Otis—and he let us pick candy bars from back there! J And he didn’t even let my Dad pay. So we had a free snack too. How nice of him! We both picked Kit Kats (one of my favorites.)

Later on, we went back to the airport and headed for home. We had such a good time, and I love flying in my Dad’s airplane! J But most of all, I love spending time with him. J



Daddy and me.

My Dad’s airplane

Me in Daddy’s airplane

Over the clouds.

Just imagine skydiving!

Some of the airplanes at the airplane party my Dad and I ran into.
Inside the building my Dad and I got our free lunch.

In case you’re wondering, this animal is dead! J

6 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

All my kids make great co-pilots!!
Love,
Dad

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Amy! It was a lot of fun! I always like spending time with Dad.

~Roma

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Daddy! I did have a lot of fun being your co-pilot for the day! I hope we'll be able to do it again soon.

~Roma

Debbie said...

Wow, that was not just any date. Tell your Dad he is blessed to have such a pretty co-pilot!

7 Eagles said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Aunt Debbie! It was a really fun date with my Dad. Tell the others I said hi and I miss all of you!

~Roma