Monday, September 26, 2011

Sibling Tea Party

Back on September 16, we had a sibling tea party! I had been planning it for around a week, and really enjoyed putting the party together as a way to celebrate the coming of fall with my siblings. Here are some pictures from our special day:

I had lots of fun digging through the china hutch and using a lot of pretty servingware that we normally don’t use.
The finished table, all set and ready for high tea!
A close-up of the individual place settings.
The zinnias from my garden adorned each napkin quite nicely.
One of the most important aspects of a tea party: a beautiful tea pot.
Our tea menu.
A bouquet of zinnias adorning the middle of the table.
For our first course we enjoyed egg salad sandwiches. . .
. . .cheese and crackers. . .
. . .and lots of tea! J
The twins look quite serious in this picture, but we really had a very fun time. In fact, Ben kept us in stitches most of the time. It’s not completely proper to be giggling during a tea party, but we couldn’t help it!
Josiah getting ready to help himself to some food.
Some of the cheeses we enjoyed were Brie (far left), Dill Havarti (center), and Colby (right.)
Ben enjoying his tea. You can see the hutch with the food in the background.
Our second course was scones with butter, strawberry jam, and violet jelly. Scones don’t typically have green sprinkles, but I wanted them to be festive.
The third course was all of the desserts.
One of my favorite treats was the chocolate covered fruit. The chocolate covered strawberries were especially delicious.
A plate of cream cheese mints.
Brigadier Truffles.
We also had rosemary cookies among our other dainty treats.
And finally, we had Plantation Gingerbread with homemade whipped cream. A wonderful ending to a wonderful tea party! I really enjoyed spending such special time with my siblings, and we will remember this tea party for many years to come!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmm :-) Did Ben raise his pinky and say things like, "this is lovely" and "how divine"?

Leah said...

What a fun and special memory you have with your siblings! I love making memories with my siblings too.

7 Eagles said...

No Aunt Debbie, Ben actually said "Shut Up!" In the movie Princess Diaries 2, Julie Andrews (who is portraying a dignified queen) says "Shut Up!" in a funny British accent. Ben had unknowingly taken the last bag of a certain tea and after finding out he said "I drank the last lemon ginger tea? SHUT UP!" :-) You had to be there!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

We definitely do have fun memories from our tea party, Leah! Time with siblings is so special isn't it? They are a gift from God!

~Bianca

Technoprairie said...

Did you make the cream cheese mints? I'd love to have the recipe.

7 Eagles said...

Yes, I did make the cream cheese mints, Technoprairie. I will email you the recipe when I have a chance. They're very simple but quite tasty!

~Bianca

Amy said...

My sisters and I love tea parties.

7 Eagles said...

I remember having an informal tea party with you and your sisters after Julie came back from Malawi Amy! It was a lot of fun. Perhaps we can have a tea party together again in the future!

~Bianca