Monday, May 13, 2013

"for KING & COUNTRY" Concert

A couple of weekends ago, our family had the opportunity to attend a free “for KING & COUNTRY” concert! Our Worship Pastor gave us a heads up about it (he actually mentored one of the band members during college) and we were excited to hear that we would get to see them, as we like a lot of their music.Some of you may not know, but Luke and Joel Smallbone (the lead singers of “for KING & COUNTRY”) are actually Rebecca St. James’ younger brothers. They have charming Australian accents. J

I wasn’t expecting the concert to be so energetic. Everyone in the band looked like they were having a blast!

I was also amazed at the fact that it seemed all the band members played every instrument! They were all running around switching instruments every few songs. They also played a wide variety of uncommon instruments. They not only had guitars, bass, drums, vocals, and piano, but also included xylophone, bells, accordion, organ (on keyboard), cajón, miscellaneous drums, and more!

Part way through the concert, they talked about Compassion International. The child packet he had on stage was a little boy from Haiti! They also talked about relationships. Their sister was known for her emphasis on Godly relationships between men and women, and the brothers talked about that as well, particularly respect and honor.
The stage went dark during one of the songs. When the lights came back on, Joel Smallbone was standing just 2 rows ahead of us! I thought that was pretty cool, after I got over the surprise. J
After the concert, we stuck around so that we could meet the brothers. They were both so down-to-earth and friendly. I think we were probably one of the larger families they met at the concert that night. J

The concert had started right around dinner time. We had packed ourselves dinner and ate it in the car, but by the time the concert was over, we were hungry. Several of us were in the mood for ice cream (actually, our family is ALWAYS in the mood for ice cream) so we made a late-night stop at Culver’s on the way home.

I’m not sure that I had ever eaten at Culver’s before, but I can definitely say their turtle sundae is quite good!
Photo Credit: Roma.
One of the boys had ordered cheese curds as a more filling snack. I’ve only had cheese curds once, and *loved* them. I had no idea Culver’s had them! After eating a few too many of Ben’s, I caved and got an order to split with Roma. I needed that like I needed a hole in the head, but they were sure good! (Judging from this picture, I probably get just a little too excited about food sometimes . . . J)
Photo Credit: Roma.
All in all, we really enjoyed the evening. If you have the chance to see “for KING & COUNTRY,” I would highly recommend it!


4 comments:

Stacy said...

Noelle and I "love" Culver's. We had one at Birch Run in Michigan. Paul passes one on his way home from work everyday. I discovered Culver's when we lived in Illinois. My aunt & uncle always talked about it when they went to Wisconsin Dells. Now we have one at the end of our neighborhood and we visit often for custard or food. One of my favorites is the Oreo sandwich. Pastor enjoys the heath concretes. For every 10 kid meals purchased you can choose a free kids meal or one of their prizes. Ryan got a new basketball a couple months back. For fast food, we like it. Glad you had a great time at the concert!

7 Eagles said...

Your comment makes me wish I had discovered Culver's sooner, Miss Stacy! We almost stopped at one in Michigan, but it was closed (actually, that was the time a whole bus load of people from church went to Detroit to pick up the Bahamas mission team.)

Y'all are lucky to have a Culver's so close! I may have to try some of the treats you mentioned, as they sound intriguing. We'll also have to look into the kids meal deals. Although, since we only have 1 "kid" in the family, it may take us longer to purchase 10 kids meals. :-)

~Bianca

Betsy said...

We are getting a culvers now in Midland. Julie and I usually splurge at Saginaw once or twice a year. Delicious.

7 Eagles said...

Oh, how exciting, Betsy! Now you and Julie can have your Culver's treat be even closer (and maybe more often! :-))

~Bianca