Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Graduation Dessert


This past Saturday, our church had a special Graduation Dessert night in honor of the Seniors graduating from high school. We came straight from the birthday party we were at, so we were already dressed up and ready.

Almost all the Seniors from our youth group as well as their parents came to the event. We started off by enjoying LOTS of desserts. We had cookies, brownies, cheesecake bites, pie, cobbler, and ice cream!
Photo Credit: Roma.
Then the ceremony part began. Each parent stood up and read a letter they had written to their Senior. Each letter was unique, but most included memories and exhortations.
Photo Credit: Roma.
After all the letters had been read, we watched a slideshow put together by our youth/Family Pastor (our parents had sent in pictures of us from the time we were babies until the present.) Some of the pictures were quite funny! J

Then we all had family pictures taken!
The evening was really special, and a great way to mark this milestone of graduation!



8 comments:

Kimber Scotland said...

Congrats on your graduation! How exciting! This isn't your official "graduation" though, right? Aren't you graduating in the summer or something?

Congrats anyways! :) Have a blessed day!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

Debbie said...

I am so PROUD of you Bianca! I just know that the Lord has great things in store for your future.

Love the family photo at the end of the blog. What a beautiful family, inside and out :-)

Love and Hugs,
Aunt Debbie

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Alexis! You're right, this isn't my "official" graduation. I still have 5 or 6 weeks left of school (but I will be finishing about 1 subject a week now!) I will have a graduation piano recital/ceremony/party in Michigan in August.

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Aunt Debbie. I am very excited to see God's plan for my future unfold in His perfect timing.

We are always glad to have the opportunity to get a family picture taken! I am so blessed by such a wonderful family!

~Bianca

Anonymous said...

Bianca, I agree with your aunt's comment, God has great things awaiting for you and the rest of the family. Your are blessed that the Lord has placed you in a Godly
home. Your parents are exceptional parents. I have to say that Mark was the Godly Prince that we prayed for from the time your mother was a little girl. Beauty that reflects from the inside out is untarnishable. God will protect you and your family for His Glory ONLY.

7 Eagles said...

I agree heartily, Bia; I am so blessed by my family! I have two very godly parents who sacrifice a lot for those they love.

~Bianca

Leah said...

That's a great idea! About the church hosted Graduation Dessert! Cool! I remember when I graduated from high school and college, all my church did was mentioned our names and what we graduated from in the church bulletin. Not as fancy as yours but still counts that the church remembered us. :)

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Leah! Yes, what our church does for graduates is pretty unique. They have a big emphasis on recognizing milestones, particularly for families, which we really appreciate!

~Bianca