Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day




This Memorial Day, I couldn’t pass up the chance to honor our favorite veteran. Grandpa A served in the Military Police during the Korean War. He didn’t talk about the war much, but as he neared the end of his life, he opened up more and told some of his stories. He gave Ben some pictures from his military days, along with a few mementos.

I am grateful that my Grandpa survived the war. I wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t! J But there are many who don’t return home. Today we honor them, and pray for their families. We are grateful for their service to our country, and their willingness to fight to protect the United States of America.

~Bianca for the family

2 comments:

Leah said...

Is that your dad's dad? I can tell that they look a lot alike.

7 Eagles said...

You're definitely right, Leah! :-)My Dad and my Grandpa looked a lot alike. Ben used to look a lot like them too when he was younger.

~Bianca