Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day Celebration


This past Sunday we celebrated Mother’s Day! Hallmark holidays like that tend to be lower-key in our family, but we still made sure to celebrate what a wonderful Mom we have. J

After church we took Mom out for lunch. Dad and Ben had been to this catfish restaurant in our little town, but the rest of us hadn’t been yet. We concluded that there are certain things we like here and certain things we prefer at the other catfish place we go to.
I had to laugh when this little guy’s plate came out. J He had fried okra, popcorn shrimp, and hush puppies. Basically, he had a plate of fried brown blobs! But to his credit, he only ate half of it.
I had salad, fire-roasted corn, fried catfish, and hushpuppies. I have to say that this restaurant has the best hushpuppies and fried jalapenos that I’ve had so far. The fire roasted corn was really good too. But I prefer the actual catfish at the other restaurant.
This restaurant is also known for its pies. They have some pretty unique ones. We were all going to get German Chocolate pie, but they had just run out. L I opted instead for their cream cheese pie, which turned out to be almost the same as pecan pie. It was good!
As soon as we got home, several people crashed for naps. After going to a conference Friday and having friends over Saturday, we were pretty well wiped out! I took Mikey on a 3-mile walk to offset lunch. I thought I was doing great and felt like I had a lot of energy. When I got home, I took a book out to our wooden swing to read for awhile. I hadn’t sat for more than 5 or 10 minutes when I found myself sprawled out on the wooden swing sleeping. NO idea how that happened. J

Around 5 p.m., we gathered in the living room for our weekly family Bible Study. After that, we gave Mommy her Mother’s Day cards and gifts. We are so blessed by such a wonderful Mother!


2 comments:

Noelle said...

She is a wonderful, fantastic lady whom we love also!

7 Eagles said...

I agree, Aunt Noelle! I have a pretty amazing Mom. :-) She loves you as well!

~Bianca