Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mommy--Daughter Date


(Posted by Roma)



Me and my Mom. J
Earlier this month, my Mom and I enjoyed a fun date together. J I wasn’t sure where I wanted to go, but I finally decided. I went on a date with my Mom because I had memorized a number of Bible verses, and that was a reward for hiding God’s Word in my heart. J

I decided we could go to Bob Evans for breakfast, then go to an old fashioned living history village. (There was one that we had been to a number of times that we really enjoyed, but it had been awhile since we had been there.) So we decided to go back.



Me getting ready to enjoy breakfast with my Mother.

The historic village is a really neat place! There are many old fashioned stores that you can go to and buy things. And they have animals there too, such as: miniature horses, llamas, goats, and sheep. They have a train ride, and a boat ride. We decided to do the train ride. After it was over, we were getting hungry. J We had packed a picnic lunch, so we sat at a table to eat. Then afterwards we looked at more historical sites, then came back to some of the stores to buy souvenirs for everyone. We bought a candle that has an apple cinnamon smell that made me think of fall, and how much I’m looking forward to it!. J We also got smashed pennies from a penny machine. And we bought candy, and other gifts for everyone.


I’m ready for a train ride!

Do you recognize this wagon from a blogpost my sister Bianca did?

At the toy barn section, they had wooden stilts that I enjoyed using. J

Me with a miniature horse.

Part of the old fashioned village.
We had such a good time, and I always enjoy spending time with my mom. J

2 comments:

Amy said...

I don't recognize that village, but it looks like somewhere I would love to go. Could you email me the particulars? Thanks.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Amy. I'm sure my Mom would be happy to email you some information about that village! It is a really fun place to go!

~ Roma