Sunday, November 4, 2012

40 Days


Here I am at what feels like the end
So I come to You, my Lord, again
With this burden buried deep within
This heart that You have made
 
In this trial that I'm going through
I don't question, cause I know it's true
That the sorrow brings me back to You
And You have made me stronger
 
It's been forty days and forty nights
Down the road of many trials
And I pray it's only for a season
Cause in the wilderness and in the flood
You're the one I'm thinking of
And I know You've brought me for a reason
 
--Portions of “40 Days” by Third Day
 
 
“And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights. Genesis 7:12
 
“Then Moses entered the cloud as he went on up the mountain. And he stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights. Exodus 24:18
 
“So he [Elijah] got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God. 1 Kings 19:8
 
“And He [Jesus] was in the desert forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was with the wild animals, and angels attended him. Mark 1:13
 
 
Any idea what’s significant about 40 days and nights?
 

3 comments:

One of the Wassenbergs said...

The Lord says it is- that's what! :)

Joyfully His,
Alexis

One of the Wassenbergs said...

Ha, Ha! I should've seen one of the lables- MOVING! :) Duh. :)

Have a great week- I'm sure y'all will be busy!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

You're right about the Lord saying it's significant, Alexis. But I was thinking more along the lines of why 40 days was significant to our family.

I guess you've figured it out by now. :-) I wondered if anyone would notice that label!

~Bianca