Friday, November 16, 2012

A Marine for a Cousin

One of my Mom’s many cousins is a Major in the Marine Corps. The first time I met him, I was about 6 years old. I was a bit nervous at first, but quickly found out what a fun guy he was! I still remember him sitting down to color a picture with me that night, even though there were dozens of other people there to see him at the party.

 
Over the years, he would surprise us kids when he was on leave by coming to visit whenever we were in Ohio visiting my grandparents. We kids absolutely loved it when he came to visit, because he would play with us and tickle us half the night. J

Our family with Cousin M during a homecoming party for him after one of his tours of duty.
One of our favorite Christmas gifts one year was having him come and visit!

It’s always made us feel so special to have someone in our family serving our country in the military. Every time he returns home safe after a tour, we all breathe a sigh of relief. We are so proud of him!
 

No comments: