Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Flashbacks

I have a horrible confession to make. My memories of Thanksgiving only go back to 2008. Obviously we’ve celebrated Thanksgiving every year, but I just can’t remember past that. My memories seem to be strangely tied to pictures, and past 2008 we don’t have any pictures of Thanksgiving celebrations…at least not digital ones.
 
I am going to make sure that from now on I take lots of pictures during our Thanksgiving celebrations! J I am very thankful for cameras!

 

Back in 2008, we went to my Grandparents (my Mom’s side) house in Ohio for Thanksgiving. After our visit with them, we went down to the Creation Museum in Kentucky (a place you really should visit if you ever have the chance!)

In 2009, we hosted Thanksgiving at our house for my Mom’s side of the family. Our extensive menu consisted of grilled turkey, pineapple raisin stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, cornbread, cranberry sauce, pumpkin whoopee pies, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate pecan pie tarts.

Whenever we have Thanksgiving at our house, we do a Thanksgiving tree. Everyone writes down what they’re thankful for on a leaf, and we decorate the tree!

Apparently in 2010, we had two Thanksgivings (I didn’t remember that either.) J We had an early Thanksgiving at our house with my Mom’s side of the family.

And then we had a traditional Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania with my Dad’s parents.

Last year was also spent with our Grandparents in Pennsylvania. The weather was unusually warm, so we enjoyed a pre-Thanksgiving dinner walk to the train tracks.

This year we’re hostingThanksgiving at our house. We’re super excited about that!
 
For a glimpse into some of our family’s favorite Thanksgiving traditions, visit our Thanksgiving Favorites post.
 
*What did you do for Thanksgiving? Did you travel to be with family? Or did you get to host? Please share in the comments!*
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every year on thanksgiving day we celebrate on my mom's side with lunch then my dad's side for dinner. The night before Thanksgiving my family has a tradition of helping my grandma make all the apple pies at her house.

-Olivia S

7 Eagles said...

Wow, Olivia! I don't think I could have two Thanksgiving meals in one day! Making apple pies with your Grandma sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your traditions!

~Bianca