Friday, November 9, 2012

An Eclectic Mix

One thing I love about going through old photos is that I never know what I’ll find! Sometimes I find a whole group of photos related to the same event, other times it’s simply an eclectic mix with a little bit of everything thrown in! J All the photos in this post came from the same folder on our computer.

 
The very first book Rubia finished reading was Dick and Jane. She was very excited!
Somehow this little 2-year-old found the shower caps in the bathroom upstairs. He looks pretty funny!
Getting our supplies together to mummify a chicken. Yes, you read that correctly. We mummified a chicken for ancient history class. We were studying about Egypt, and this was one of the hands-on activities. We even named the chicken “Sumer.” Unfortunately something stole Sumer off our front porch during the night and so we never quite finished with him. I have a feeling whatever bigger animal got ahold of him is still alive, considering all the preservatives on that chicken! J Either that or he died of a heart attack after all that salt!
Oh look! Somebody’s going to clean house for us.
I love how he bunched up the adult-sized apron to fit his little body. I miss having little people around the house!
Our favorite game growing up was Barbies and Kens. But we played them differently than most. Our Barbies weren’t dumb and ditzy. Our Barbies were Kings and Queens of Egypt, farmers, and Pastors.
We even built houses for them, cut out paper food for them, and made felt clothes for them. How I miss those days!
This was back when I used to take ballet classes. That’s me on the far right. I wish I could remember the name for what I was doing, but the only word coming to my head is arabesque, and that’s to the back. I need to refresh my ballet vocabulary!
From dancing to goats! Some friends of ours raise goats, and we went over to see some of the new kids. They are quite cute at this stage!
A barnyard birthday for this two-year-old cutie! That was one of my first experiences with cake-decorating. Not bad, but I’m glad for improvement over the years! J

*Have you looked through any old pictures lately? Were you surprised by what you found? What sorts of pictures make you happiest to find? A picture of a child’s funny antics? Or a sweet portrait? Share in the comments!*
 

2 comments:

Amy said...

I recognize that goat barn

7 Eagles said...

I'll bet you do recognize that barn, Amy! :-) You should!

~Bianca