Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Day 1

A friend of mine has been doing a 30 day blogger challenge. It looked like so much fun I’d thought I’d join her! I won’t be attempting to do all 30 days consecutively, but I’ll try to fill in the blogging “cracks” with the challenge.
 
Just to give you a preview, here are the topics for the challenge:
 
Day 1-Introduce yourself, a recent picture, and 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite TV shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Nicknames
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 27-Pets
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-A picture
 
So, moving on to Day 1!

 


Most of you who have been reading this blog probably don’t need me to introduce myself, but I’m Bianca, the oldest of 5 children in our family. I am finishing high school, and I’m the main blogger here. People ask how to tell who writes the blog posts here, since it is our family blog. I tell them that unless otherwise noted, I wrote it. J
 
I will share 15 facts about me that you probably don’t know. As to whether the facts are “interesting” you’ll have to decide for yourself! J
 
1. I dislike coffee. A LOT! I really wished I liked it, but I’ve never been able to drink it. So when I go out to the coffee shop, I have to settle for hot chocolate or a smoothie.
 
2. I’m moving to Texas in 3-and-a-half weeks, and I’ve never been there before! (Ok, so I’ve been in the Houston airport but that doesn’t really count.)
 
3. I’ve been studying/playing the piano for 8 years. I’ve gotten into teaching piano, and now have my first paying student!
 
4. I love hugs. J I have my “rounds” at church every Sunday to say hello to everyone and give people hugs.
 
5. I’ve been homeschooled all of my life, and I love it! The flexibility is one of the biggest perks for me.
 
6. I am a very cold-natured person. From October until May, I am perpetually cold. I could wear long underwear, fleece sweaters, and slippers INSIDE the house and still feel cold! Maybe the Texas climate will do me good. My body feels SO much better during the summer months of the year.
 
7. For a couple of years, I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to be a detective, a meteorologist, or a pilot when I grew up. Then I wanted to be a missionary pilot. Then I wanted to be a music teacher. Now I really feel God calling me into foreign missions work. It will be interesting to see where God leads in the next few years!
 
8. I am a people-person. Nothing makes me happier than having friends or family over or being with my church family. There are some friends that I could literally talk with for hours and hours on end!
 
9. I love to read. I read a little bit of everything including biographies, historical fiction, Christian character books, theology, and more.
 
10. I’m the only person in my family to have my own room. It’s not that I would mind sharing, that’s just how it worked out.
 
11. While I consider myself athletic, I have never played (on a regular team) any sport that involves a ball. I did a basketball camp once, but I didn’t enjoy it very much. I started running in high school and have stuck with that. I danced ballet for 4 years from age 7 until age 11. I took a break and then started doing worship dance 3 years ago. I also enjoy a good pick-up game of volleyball or whiffle ball.
 
12. I’m not a big fan of swimming. I love being in the water, but I don’t like “organized” swimming, if you will. J But I love diving!
 
13. I have actually flown my Dad’s plane. Not just flown IN it, but actually piloted it (with assistance from Dad.) I’ve toyed with the idea of getting my private pilot’s license someday.
 
14. I can learn most anything if I see it done at least once. I tend to be autodidactic. I learn a lot of things from books and the internet. For example, I’ve never taken a photography or graphics design class. But I do both quite frequently using what I’ve learned mostly online.
 
15. After 8 years of studying Spanish, I switched to studying Haitian Creole this year. My favorite Haitian proverb is this: Sòt pa touye, men li fè ou swe. It translates to “Stupid doesn’t kill you, but it makes you sweat.” The basic meaning behind it is that when you don’t do something correctly the first time you will work harder by doing it over again.
 
Next time I’ll share about the meaning of our blog name!
 

2 comments:

One of the Wassenbergs said...

Yay! I can't wait to see your answers to all these questions! :) Congratulations on your piano student- how exciting! I was reading your 15 facts and realized how similar we are in some things. I had never noticed that before! :) One thing we're opposite on, though, is I love coffee- which is a good and bad thing I guess. :) Have y'all found a house in TX yet? I'm also a social butterfly (if you will) and rather cold natured. ;) That's so neat that you've flown a plane! I don't know if I'm auto-didactic but I do "play by ear". In other words, If I hear someone play a song on an instrument, even if I've never played it (the instrument or song) before, I can usually play it (not perfectly of course). :) I've studied some Spanish but then stopped. I hope to pick it back up again in 2013. :)

Have a blessed week!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Alexis! It doesn't really surprise me that we're similar in a lot of ways. Although I don't think I'll ever be able to agree with you on coffee! :-)

That's really good that you can play by ear! Roma is better at that than I am. I hope you pick up Spanish again next year! It's a very valuable language to know.

~Bianca