Monday, November 12, 2012

Babysitting

This past Saturday we had the opportunity to babysit for some friends. It’s actually the same friends that came to see us the prior Saturday. Yes, we can’t seem to get enough of each other knowing that we’ll be separated by 1,100+ miles in less than three weeks. We told them that they needed to go on a date and that we’d watch the kids for them. We’re kind of bossy friends! J I absolutely *LOVE* their two boys, so our evening was loads of fun!

 

Since it was still light out when they arrived, we took them outside and played tag, hide-and-go-seek, and kick-the-can. I kept a special eye on the youngest boy while we played. If I had to keep up with this little guy all day, I think I’d be about 10 pounds lighter! J He is ACTIVE!

Photo Credit: Roma.

After playing outside, they had worked up quite the appetite. Mom made them a cute dinner . . .

. . . an octopus on a bed of sea shells! It’s just macaroni and cheese made with shells, hot dogs, and fish-shaped crackers.

The dinner was enjoyed by all!

The boys had fun building with our Wedgits after dinner.

Josiah and Mom had put together a special treasure hunt for the boys. They searched all over the house for the clues.

They finally found the treasure hidden among the books upstairs.

They were both very excited to find Legos! They spent a long time building them right then and there.

I cannot get enough of this kid! J I told him that I was going to take him to Texas with me. I don’t think he was quite as excited as I was! J

Everyone working hard at putting the Lego sets together.

We took a short break to make ice cream sundaes for our dessert.

We started to get a bit jealous of the little kids having all the fun building, so we pulled out our world puzzle. We made a good dent in it, but we still have quite a bit left to do (we need you to come help us finish it, Uncle Paul! J)

Meanwhile, the kids ate some popcorn and watched a movie in the basement.

Their parents arrived shortly after that and they had to go. L But we had so much fun! We’re going to miss their family SO much. I hope that they’ll come and visit us in Texas! (Hint, hint! J)
 

8 comments:

Amy said...

I love the hot dog octopus. I think my Betsy and I will have to make them, since she loves macaroni and cheese and I like hot dogs.

Unknown said...

you all are fun babysitters :) Our babysitters made us do chores. That's what happens, I guess, when your babysitters are your siblings

Alexis Wassenberg said...

I have to admit, when I first read that you LOVED their two boys I was a little worried, Bianca! :) Then I realized that they were LITTLE boys...whew! :) We have Wedgits too! It looks like y'all had fun- or at least the boys did! :) I babysit 3 & 1 year old sisters. :) They are pretty cute! :)

Have a blessed rest of the day!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

You should definitely try them, Amy! They're so much fun to make (and to eat! :-))

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Your comment made me laugh, Lydia! :-) I babysit my siblings, and I do make sure they stay caught up on their chores. But Saturday night was an exception!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Oh, Alexis! You're too funny! :-) If they were big boys that I loved, I don't think I'd put it on the blog anyway! :-)

Wedgits are a lot of fun! That's neat that you get to babysit those two little sisters. When we get to Texas, I think I'm going to look for more babysitting jobs. I forgot how much I love it!

~Bianca

Alexis Wassenberg said...

I thought you wouldn't mention that on a blog post. :)

Baby-sitting is a good way to make money- you can pretty much count it as home-ec! :) "See mom, I'm doing school for my job! Aren't you proud!?" :)

I hope you can find some more babysitting jobs in TX. :)

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

You're right, Alexis. Babysitting is a good way to make money and practice for being a Mom someday. :-) It can also be a great way to serve others! It's always a good hands-on learning experience!

~Bianca