Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November Nature Pictures

Ever since I started this challenge to take nature pictures every month and post them here, I was dreading November. Whenever someone says the word November, the first image that comes to my mind is the cold, bleak winter landscape. I knew it was going to take a careful eye to find beautiful pictures when most everything is dead.
 
I was pleasantly surprised that finding interesting subjects wasn’t nearly as hard as I had expected. Ecclesiastes 3:11a is so true: He has made everything beautiful in its time. Since most everything is in sepia tones this time of year, I had to look closer at the subject itself rather than its color.


One thing I appreciate about this time of year is the cleanness of the landscape. Everything has been trimmed and cut back, and all the leaves raked up. Everything feels ready for the cold winter just around the corner.
The sedum is finally giving up the battle for survival, but it still manages to look beautiful.
“As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey His precepts.” Psalm 103:15-18
What remains on our fire bushes.
The creek behind our house.

If you were like me and thought that there was nothing beautiful left outdoors, take a look around! You never know what you might find! J
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's the way I feel about March. That same description comes to my mind when someone mentions March.

7 Eagles said...

Yes, March is a lot like November weather and scenery-wise, Lydia! But as I've learned, there's beauty in both!

~Bianca