Thursday, May 26, 2011

Garden Update

I spent quite a bit of time out in my garden this past weekend! It was time for me to pull the weeds and till things up in preparation for adding boxes and *hopefully* planting flowers Memorial Day weekend. Here is a “before” picture of the garden:


It may be hard for you to tell, but this (was) a garden. Don’t ask me how all of the weeds got in there, because I’d have to tell you that I was a bit lazy at the end of last summer and let them go. Oops, I just told you what I said not to ask. Oh well! J

After I pulled the weeds, I used my Garden Claw to till everything up. We’ve thought of using a rototiller, but since we don’t own one and the garden is only 10’x12’, we do it by hand.

After that, I used my Garden Weasel to break up the chunks. You can kind of see the part where I’ve weaseled on the left versus the chunks on the right.

And here’s the “after” picture 3 hours later! After using the Weasel in the garden, I used a garden rake to level it out.

And here’s my reward for all that work: a delicious Puerto Rican feast with a pineapple juice cooler. Delicioso!

My seedlings have been doing very well. I’ve left them outside for several days now, but they’ve remained on the porch for a lot of that time due to torrential rains that would crush them.

Daddy and I went to home Depot and bought Greek Oregano, Rosemary, English Lavender, Parsley, Dianthus, and an Early Girl Tomato plant. I’m getting so excited to plant! Start praying for good weather!


4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sure your garden will be beautiful. You don't have to explain about weeds-- they are one of the universal parts of life.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Amy! Yes, unfortunately weeds are a universal part of life. I glad in heaven we'll be able to garden without a weed in sight! :-)

~Bianca

Sarah said...

Looking good, Bianca! As Amy said, I am sure your garden is going to be beautiful. I look forward to seeing the upcoming posts about it! Have fun planting!

7 Eagles said...

Thanks Sarah! I just got (most) everything planted today and plan on finishing Monday. It is such a relief! :-)

~Bianca