Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Worship Dance Recital

This past year, the twins and I were blessed to join a worship dance troupe. I had done ballet for several years when I was younger, but we moved away and I never found a studio to my liking that was close enough. But some friends of ours told us about the group they danced with and we decided to give it a try this year. We were very glad we did, as we enjoyed it immensely!

This year, due to different circumstances we didn’t have a recital with all of the dancers, but instead did a worship night with 3 different Celtic dances at the director’s church. The young girls' class danced to “Holy God We Praise Thy Name” by Michael Card. The dance was breath-taking because of the words and the genuine worship that took place during the dance.

Our class danced to “Starkindler” by Michael Card. We had worked very hard on this song and were very excited to open the worship night with it.

Our dance class all dressed up and ready to go!
The twins and I in our lovely dresses (which we were sorry to give up! J)
The women’s class danced to “Be Unto Your Name” by Robin Mark. It was beautiful. That is one of my favorite worship songs, especially since it gets more and more climatic as the song goes on.

During the rest of the worship night there was a drama performed, songs sung by the choir and congregation, solos, and a message given by the Senior Pastor. We look forward to continuing worship dance next year and look forward to the ways the Lord is going to use this ministry!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I could have seen it. It sounds beautiful.

One of the Wassenbergs said...

Beautiful dresses! I love dancing, though I've never really danced, if you know what I mean! (Hannah and I did do ballet when we were younger, though...)

An email or two ago to Lexi you left a sweet "P.S." for me. I told her I'd get back to you and I'm sorry this is so late, but I wanted to thank you for what you said! It was very encouraging!!

May the Lord continue blessing you and your family!
Love in Christ,
Kimber W.

7 Eagles said...

Perhaps you will still have a chance to see us in the future, Amy! In fact, our church is hosting a mother-daughter Christmas tea this year and our dance troupe will be there. We'd love to have you come and visit!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

That's neat that you and Hannah used to do ballet! I really enjoy dancing, especially now that I can use it to bring praise to the Lord!

Don't feel bad about not getting back to my email. You should have asked Lexi how long it had taken me to respond to her email. :-) It's a busy time of year for everybody!

Thanks again for your comment, Kimber! I really appreciate it!

~Bianca