Saturday, May 28, 2011

Recipe--Chocolate Chip Cookies (Not From a Mix! :-))

Ok, I know this isn’t really the healthiest recipe there is, but when you consider that we used to only make chocolate chip cookies from a mix or frozen package, homemade is better. I made these for a Boy Scout fundraiser recently, and they turned out very delicious, especially hot out of the oven.

Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 1/8 cups of sifted flour
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp of baking soda
12 TBS of butter (1 ½ sticks) melted and cooled
½ cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of walnuts, chopped large
2 tsp of vanilla

Blend sugars, pour cooled butter over and beat; beat in eggs and vanilla; mix in flour by hand; stir in nuts and chips.


Feel free to sample the cookie dough as you shape the cookies. J I won’t say a word.

Heat oven to 325°F. Use 2 racks; bake for 8 minutes and switch racks; bake for another 8 minutes. Makes 18 large cookies.

Tricks: Use parchment paper or aluminum foil to line pans. Grease lined pans as well.

Put only 9 cookies per sheet.

Use a quarter cup measure—make ball; break ball in half; leave broken part on top.


This trick works pretty well!

This recipe makes a few extra cookies. They’re perfect for “test” cookies!


4 comments:

Delighting in Jesus said...

Hi Bianca,
Chocolate Chip Cookies is one of our favorite family recipes. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I completely agree with you! It reminds me of 1 Cor. 7:34 that says, "Here is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit..." May I use every day that I'm single to bring Him honor and glory! Why wouldn't I want to?!
Love in Christ,
Hannah

Sarah said...

Mmm . . . these look good!!

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Hannah! It brought a smile to my face. I wholeheartedly agree with what you said and the Bible verse you shared: the Lord has blessed me with single years to serve Him and I shouldn't fritter away that time, but rather joyfully serve Him!

Speaking of which, I recently read your book review on Jasmine Baucham's book, "Joyfully At Home." I am nearly finished with her book and have immensely enjoyed it! She is an excellent writer.

Thanks again for your comment!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

They were indeed deliciious, Sarah! There's nothing like a hot, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chip cookie for an afternoon snack! :-)

~Bianca