Sunday, May 15, 2011

Repose


“O Maker and upholder of all things,
Day and night are thine; they are also mine from thee…
But one day above all days is made especially
For thy honour and my improvement;
The Sabbath reminds me of thy rest from creation,
Of the resurrection of my Savior,
Of his entering into repose…
I long for that blissful communion of thy people
In thy eternal house in the perfect kingdom;
These are they that follow the Lamb;
May I be of their company!”

--“The Valley of Vision”


(posted by Betsy)

2 comments:

Amy said...

The Valley of Vision is one of my favorites.

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Amy. I agree--it's a wonderful collection of Puritan prayers. In a way, it reminds me of the kind of prayers my grandfather used to pray. Except his were in Spanish!:-)

~ Betsy