Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day!

We had a wonderful time celebrating Mother’s Day this year! We spent the morning (and part of the afternoon) at church. They had some special festivities for Mother’s Day. After church, we ran by Meijer really quick to pick up some last minute things for our dinner we were planning on having in the evening for Mom.

During the afternoon we rested and enjoyed the Sabbath with a family walk! The weather was beautiful and much more spring-like than what we’ve been having.

Daddy was planning on grilling barbecue chicken for dinner, along with corn and salad. The only problem was we had about an eighth of a cup of barbecue sauce, not nearly enough for 8 or 9 breasts. So, I learned how to make homemade sauce! We have a delicious recipe from my Aunt, and we really enjoyed it! Look for the recipe later in the week!


As we walked through the store, I couldn’t resist the pack of peach Snapple! I think I’d rather have that than soda pop.

The grilled chicken on the left, and the salad on the right.

Salad, corn, and dressings on the right.

This dinner makes me look forward to grilling in the summer!

For dessert we had a delicious apple pie with ice cream. Mmm, so good!

Are you drooling yet?

After dinner we gave Mommy her gifts. She was thrilled and shocked to receive a large pancake griddle which she very much wanted! We look forward to making pancakes more often now, and in much less time than trying to make them in a pan on the stove. She also received the game, “Set,” which she really enjoyed playing at our friend’s house last week. We had a good game after dinner!

I am so very thankful for my Mom and all that she does for me. I cannot imagine life without her! She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman, and I thank the Lord for her every day!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Set is one of my favorite games (Naomi refuses to play it with me anymore).

Betsy said...

Now once you all master set...come up here and Amy and I will play set cubed with you!

7 Eagles said...

We should take some lessons on playing Set from you, Amy! We're still not very good. But we're practicing!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

You will have to explain what Set cubed is, Betsy. It sounds rather difficult; you all must be VERY GOOD at Set!

~Bianca