Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Wishes!

Today is a very special birthday, for two dear people. First, my beloved friend Wendy is celebrating her birthday today. I can’t be with her, but I have very fond memories of a few years ago on this day, when we celebrated in our home…


Our two families had a wonderful visit for the day, and enjoyed a great meal and two birthday cakes!

Wendy is a precious friend…a dear mentor…a godly woman with whom I’ve shared many meaningful conversations. She challenges me, by her example, to seek God with all my heart; to love His Word; to pray for others; and to pursue excellence and eternal value in home educating our children. She has always been so kind to our family, and has truly shown God’s unconditional love in every way. I hope that your day is as special as you are, dear friend!

And further down in the southern states, a lovely young lady is also celebrating a special birthday today! A much-loved cousin to our children, young Miss Morgan has provided many happy memories when our families are able to be together. Morgan is a very sweet girl; artistically talented; very hardworking; sensitive to others; and very loving to all of her cousins here in Michigan. We miss her and her family a lot, and look forward to seeing them again soon!



Happy birthday, pretty lady!

(posted by Betsy)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey, it's Morgan here.
I enjoy looking at your blog with my Mom and seeing how you guys are doing. I saw this and thought it was really sweet of you!! I had a nice biethday with my family and today after church we got to see Captain America in 3D. It's pretty good and what supprized me was there wasn't any bad words at all! I miss you guys soooo much and can't wait to see you again. Hopefully real soon. Love you!! :)

7 Eagles said...

So nice to hear from you, Morgan! And I'm glad you enjoyed the birthday greetings from cyberspace!:-) It sounds as though you had a very enjoyable birthday with your family. And seeing "Captain America" in 3D must have been a lot of fun. Hmmm...no bad language? That sounds like it might be a good movie for us as well! Maybe we'll ready up on some of the reviews.

~ Aunt Betsy