Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meeting Someone Special

Recently we had the opportunity to meet someone whom we’ve been praying for the past several months. Earlier in the year, our church began a ministry to soldiers who were related to church members. Our family chose to “adopt” the son of a couple at our church. He has been serving in the Navy and was overseas for most of the year. We were very excited to have the opportunity to meet him last weekend when his parents had a homecoming party for him at their house.

We enjoyed a delicious lunch of burgers, hotdogs, salads, and lots of desserts.
I loved photographing this little girl who goes to our church. She always wears the cutest dresses and smiles. J
I’m not really sure why everyone looks so concerned in this picture, but there was a lot of laughter at the party!
Little J decided she wanted to play in the dog cage while the rest of us waited in line for food. It actually looks like a cozy play place for a little person like her!
The weather turned out beautifully for the party. It was sunny and warm, but we enjoyed the shade of the tent set up in the yard.
Others stayed comfortably cool under the roofed deck. It had a ceiling fan which made it especially pleasant under there.
And finally, us kids with J, the soldier.

Please pray for J as he is returning to duty this week. Since we began corresponding with him earlier in the year, we have come to a better understanding of the trials our soldiers endure for our sake. There are so many young men like J who have gone through trials that most of us will never experience in our lifetimes. We need to pray that our soldiers would turn to the Lord, trust in Him for comfort and strength, and remain strong in their faith in Christ. And if you have the opportunity, send them notes of encouragement, care packages, etc. And PRAY!!! Anyone can pray for them, and they appreciate it so much.

We are very thankful for J and all the other soldiers who fight so that the U.S.A. can remain a free nation, with liberty and justice for all. We will continue to pray for you every day!

“He said: ‘The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent men you save me. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The waves of death swirled about me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.’”

2 Samuel 22:2-7


No comments: