Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Passed

As most of you knew, I took Driver’s Ed this summer. I am happy to share with you all that I passed my written exam last week!

Me, holding the slip of paper signifying that I have completed Driver’s Ed Segment 1, after my last day of class.
Filling out all of the paperwork at the Secretary of State office. And no, I’m not breaking out in hives, those are mosquito bites. At last count, I had 40 bites just from the mosquitoes in our yard.
Behind the wheel of Mom’s car for the first time! She got to be my very first passenger!
In celebration of earning my level 1 license, we all went out for dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Don’t worry, I shared those fried onions with everyone! J
I enjoyed a delicious cup of broccoli soup as well as pumpernickel bread with whipped butter.
I also had a wild berry lemonade. I couldn’t finish it because it was so sweet, it was like drinking syrup. I had several willing siblings who finished it for me. J
By the time my entrée of tilapia with crab meat came out, I was full! It made a very good lunch later on in the week.
Though it wasn’t my birthday, when we told the waiter that we were celebrating my earning my license, he brought out a free scoop of ice cream. I ate about 2 bites of it before giving it to Dad since I was already so full. But it’s the thought that counts!
When we got home, I took a spin in Dad’s Acadia with everyone except Mom. As you can see, one of my passengers was quite goofy. J

So now I have several months to accumulate hours and improve my driving skills before taking Segment 2 of Driver’s Training!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah!

Delighting in Jesus said...

Congratulations! Getting your license in MI sounds tougher than getting it in VA. We're allowed to do both our Drivers Ed and Behind the Wheel at home with our parents as our teachers. I received my license in March and my sister just got her learners in June.
I know you'll do great on the rest! Keep up the good work!
Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

7 Eagles said...

Yeah is right, Amy! :-)

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Yes, getting a Driver's License in Michigan seems to be harder than other states, Hannah. I think it's because Michigan has what is called a graduated licensing program. It's more complicated, but it's supposed to be safer because kids have more restrictions for a longer period of time which usually means fewer accidents.

~Bianca

Sarah said...

Great job, Bianca!

Betsy said...

at least it isn't as bad as Kentucky where my poor cousin lives

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Sarah! They always brighten my day!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

It does look like it is harder to get a permit in Kentucky, Betsy. It looks like there are more and more states putting more restrictions on teen drivers, which isn't always a bad thing, but it can be confusing at times!

~Bianca