Monday, August 29, 2011

Mommy-Daughter Date

(Posted by Rubia)

A few weeks ago, my Mom and I got to enjoy a fun Mommy-daughter day together!

Usually, my Mom or Dad will do this with each of us kids in the summer, because we have memorized a whole kit of Bible verses. Spending a whole day together is our reward.

We got up early, and headed for Bob Evans to have breakfast. Mommy had eggs, sausage, and fruit. I had cinnamon pancakes! They were delicious! After that, we ran a few errands together to buy some things.


Enjoying breakfast at Bob Evans.

Then we decided to go to Frankenmuth! Frankenmuth is a place here in Michigan, with a bunch of stores and fun places. It’s supposed to look like a German village.

When we got there, we went to the The Wilderness Trails Zoo first. We ate lunch at a picnic table under the shade of a tree.

Then we walked down the trail to look at the animals. We saw swans, turtles, and ducks. There were farm animals too, like goats and hogs and chickens. After that, we went to my favorite part—the reptiles! We saw alligators! I didn’t know that alligators could survive where we live! There were also huge lizards and iguanas that we actually got to pet! Their skin felt rough. It was cool.


The alligators.
Another one of the reptiles we saw at the zoo.

Through the rest of the zoo visit, we saw anteaters, reindeer, bears, fox, bobcats, birds, donkeys, and lions. We also went inside a butterfly house! It was lots of fun!

Then we decided to go tour some of the shops in Frankenmuth. We went into a cheese shop, a fudge shop, and some other shops. Before we left, we decided to get ice cream. I got mint chocolate chip! Mmm!


Enjoying our ice cream together!

We had a really fun time on our trip! I enjoy spending time with my Mom, and I will always hide God’s Word in my heart!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you had a fun time together.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you, Amy! I always enjoy spending time with Mom!

~Rubia